Wednesday 11 April 2012

Oh. My. GOSH!

Hi everyone, I have been very quiet lately so first of all I would like to apologise for that. I have been mega busy with stuff, my son and sister went for a photo shoot at Max Spielmann, we are really pleased with what we got for the money, I won a competition with Collection (2000) for me and my friend to go to their 25th Birthday and rebranding party in London, I won another competition with Fairy, I also did a few days of interviewing customers at a big technology store which was loads of fun and did wonders for my confidence, it was my lil sister's first birthday so we all went to the zoo, the Alton Towers tickets came with the dates that I wanted (during the October Scarefest when the park is open til 9pm and they have a few extra scary things going on), and then it was Easter. So, did you have a nice Easter weekend? Thomas got spoilt rotten, I think he will still have some eggs left by Christmas!

Moving on, today I went shopping just for nail polish. 
First of all I got these:


L to R: Beauty UK - Lilac Girl (35), Beauty UK - Slate (50), Max Factor - Fantasy Fire (45),  Revlon Cuticle Remover, Technic 21129 Mermaid (looks like it MAY be a dupe for the Milani Jewel FX in Teal off my wishlist, yay!), City Chick - Sparkly Nails Black.

I wasn't gonna buy Fantasy Fire really, because of the size and I have seen it talked about loads so its not really new anymore, until I went into Superdrug and saw it. It is simply stunning so I had that as my special treat for the day. I have noticed that Meganails and Lozza Nailed It! mentioned on their blogs that there was a clearance on some GOSH makeup in their local Superdrug so I looked around for it and didn't see any :-(
So I was quite happy to buy Fantasy Fire instead:

So off I went down the toiletries aisle to get to the tills. Then, I noticed loads of makeup in a big cardboard stand, some of it was broken, opened and in a bit of a sorry state to be totally honest, but I had a closer look anyway. Then I noticed that it was all GOSH products. There were loads of eyeliners and eye dusts but I didn't really see any that took my fancy so I had a good rummage and found some nail polish.

GOSH - Magic Star 562

This stood out to me because of how sparkly it was so I popped that straight in my basket.

GOSH -Yellow Bombay 552
I didn't own any yellow nail polish at that point and this has a nice shimmer to it so I decided to buy this aswell. I think it was at this point that I started to pay more attention to what I was looking at as this one is definitely discontinued. There seemed to be a couple more bottles of Magic Star but one looked a bit different as it seemed to shine more red so I picked it up to have a look..

I nearly dropped the bottle in shock! That was GOSH - Rainbow 546 I had in my hand! My beloved flakie that has sat on my wishlist for a long time. I had given up all hope of finding this one as I hadn't even seen a trace of it on eBay so I quite literally couldn't believe my luck. I then went through all of the other nail polishes until I came to the last one. It was quite a dull silver colour in comparison to the others I had chosen, but on checking the label at the top it said 549 Holographic. I checked twice as in the bottle it didn't look holographic at all!

It doesn't look that special does it? Maybe thats because I've hunted for this for so long that I expected to have more of a presence about it, or for music to play when I held it my hand.. At this point a practically ran to the tills with a crazed grin on my face. I was in such a rush that I didn't even take any notice of the price, it wasn't until I checked my receipt afterwards that I realised they were £2 each. I nearly fainted. Just the day before, I nearly put a bid on this on eBay for £20 and now I had it for a fraction of the price!! Result!

I don't want to seem like I am bragging too much because I know there are plenty of people out there that haven't been as lucky as  have and are still on the lookout for these. I can assure you though that these ones have gone to a very good home where they will be loved and cared for and given the attention that they deserve. I am a little bit scared to try them though as I have dreamed of this day many times over the last year and I'm worried I'm expecting too much of it. Anyway, if you are looking for these polishes, get your ass down to your local Superdrug ASAP! You never know, you might get lucky! If you manage to find any bargains there, let me know. 

Sorry for the long post but I think these nail polishes deserved it!

2 comments:

  1. hey...
    nice blog and i loved reading your posts..
    your new follower *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great polishes! I like the technic glitter polish alot.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all comments and I do my best to reply where possible :-)